- 1 Did the Holy Spirit come to the Apostles?
- 2 How did the Holy Spirit inspired the Apostles?
- 3 When did Jesus give the disciples the Holy Spirit?
- 4 What did Jesus say about the Holy Spirit?
- 5 Where is the Holy Spirit mentioned in Acts?
- 6 What are the 7 works of the Holy Spirit?
- 7 Where did the Holy Spirit come from?
- 8 How many days after the resurrection did the Holy Spirit come?
- 9 What is the difference between Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit?
- 10 What are the three signs of the Holy Spirit?
- 11 Is the Holy Spirit feminine?
Did the Holy Spirit come to the Apostles?
Answer: The Holy Ghost came down upon the Apostles ten days after the Ascension of our Lord; and the day on which He came down upon the Apostles is called Whitsunday, or Pentecost. With its roots in the 19th century, the Baltimore Catechism uses the term Holy Ghost to refer to the Holy Spirit.
How did the Holy Spirit inspired the Apostles?
Pentecost comes from a Jewish harvest festival called Shavuot. The apostles were celebrating this festival when the Holy Spirit descended on them. It sounded like a very strong wind, and it looked like tongues of fire. The apostles then found themselves speaking in foreign languages, inspired by the Holy Spirit.
When did Jesus give the disciples the Holy Spirit?
First, the Holy Spirit was directly given to the apostles (ten of the twelve) by Jesus on the first evening after the resurrection. You can read this in John 20:22.
What did Jesus say about the Holy Spirit?
In John 15:26 Jesus says of the Holy Spirit: ” But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. ” In 325, the First Council of Nicaea, being the first ecumenical council, ended its Creed with the words “and in the Holy
Where is the Holy Spirit mentioned in Acts?
Acts thus presents the Holy Spirit as the “life principle” of the early Church and provides five separate and dramatic instances of its outpouring on believers: Acts 2:1-4, Acts 4:28-31, Acts 8:15-17, Acts 10:44 and Acts 19:6.
What are the 7 works of the Holy Spirit?
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord. While some Christans accept these as a definitive list of specific attributes, others understand them merely as examples of the Holy Spirit’s work through the faithful.
Where did the Holy Spirit come from?
Each depiction of the Holy Spirit arose from different historical accounts in the Gospel narratives; the first being at the baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River where the Holy Spirit was said to descend in the form of a dove as the voice of God the Father spoke as described in Matthew, Mark, and Luke; the second being
How many days after the resurrection did the Holy Spirit come?
Pentecost is a Christian holy day that celebrates the coming of the Holy Spirit 40 days after Easter.
What is the difference between Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit?
“Holy Spirit” was used as a description of the Spirit of the Lord, or God’s Spirit, that visited the Hebrew people in the Old Testament. On the other hand, the term “Holy Ghost” was used as a description of the third person or spirit in the Holy Trinity.
What are the three signs of the Holy Spirit?
Terms in this set (3)
- Fire. this represents the Holy Spirit transforming our inner life.
- Wind. this represents the Holy Spirit transforming the relationship among humans in their communities.
- this represents the Holy Spirit transforming the relationships between humans.
Is the Holy Spirit feminine?
The grammatical gender of the word for ” spirit” is feminine in Hebrew (רוּחַ, rūaḥ), neuter in Greek (πνεῦμα, pneûma) and masculine in Latin (spiritus). The neuter Greek πνεῦμα is used in the Septuagint to translate the Hebrew רוּחַ. The pronouns used to address the Holy Spirit, however, are masculine.