- 1 Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
- 2 Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
- 3 What city is closest to the Apostle Islands?
- 4 What is the best way to see the Apostle Islands?
- 5 Can you rent golf carts on Madeline Island?
- 6 What cities are near the Apostle Islands?
- 7 Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
- 8 How long is the Apostle Islands Grand Tour?
- 9 What is special about Apostle Islands?
- 10 Are the Apostle Islands Open?
- 11 Where can I fish in Apostle Islands?
- 12 What’s Open on Madeline Island?
- 13 Where is the Apostle Island?
Where should I stay when visiting the Apostle Islands?
Hotels near Apostle Islands Marina
- Harbor’s Edge Motel. 2.5-star.
- Legendary Waters Resort & Casino. 2.5-star.
- Lucy’s Place. 3-star.
- Seagull Bay Motel. 3-star.
- Old Rittenhouse Inn. 3.5-star.
- Winfield Inn and Gardens. 3-star.
- Pinehurst Inn Bed & Breakfast. 3.5-star.
- Apostle Pines 4 by Winfield Inn. 3.5-star.
Can you stay on the Apostle Islands?
There is NO drive up car, tent, or RV camping available in the Apostle Islands. There are a variety of these camping options available in the local area. The islands are only accessible by sea kayak, motor boat, sail boat, shuttle service, or water taxi.
What city is closest to the Apostle Islands?
Beautiful Bayfield is the gateway to the Apostle Islands and serves as a hub for visitors who want to explore Lake Superior and Wisconsin’s north coast. This historic and picturesque town offers a wide variety of lodging, dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
What is the best way to see the Apostle Islands?
Kayaking is one of the best ways to explore the Apostle Islands, enabling you to discover hard-to-reach spots and unique points of interest. While kayaking on Lake Superior, you can explore caves, see shipwrecks, go snorkeling, or just immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the area.
Can you rent golf carts on Madeline Island?
No, public transportation is not available on the Island. It is advisable to bring your car across – especially for access to the parks as they are located 7 miles from the ferry landing. If I don’t bring my vehicle over to the Island, what can I do while on the Island?
What cities are near the Apostle Islands?
Road Trip to Wisconsin’s Apostle Islands and Harbor Towns
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Starting a road trip in the northern region of Wisconsin on Lake Superior, travelers can start at the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Green Bay.
- Sturgeon Bay.
Are there bears in the Apostle Islands?
One of the greatest concentrations of black bears in North America is found on Stockton Island in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Due to their mobility and expert swimming skills, bears may be found on just about any of the Apostle Islands. Sometimes mainland bears will swim out to the islands when pressured.
How long is the Apostle Islands Grand Tour?
The Grand Tour takes you on a narrated, informative 55-mile scenic tour. Throughout this memorable cruise, you’ll pass extraordinary natural scenery, beautiful historic Raspberry and Devils Island Lighthouses, standing rocks, extensive sea caves, and marine wildlife.
What is special about Apostle Islands?
Apostle Islands National Lakeshore has more lighthouses than any other site in the National Park System with 9 historic towers on 6 islands. More than 240 species of birds breed in and/or migrate through this archipelago. Visitors can hike, paddle, sail, or cruise to experience these jewels of Lake Superior.
Are the Apostle Islands Open?
Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is open year-round; however, the islands become much more challenging to access during the shoulder seasons and winter. It is always a good idea to check on current conditions before setting out.
Where can I fish in Apostle Islands?
The best areas are usually adjacent to good spawning streams such as the Sioux, Onion, Pikes, Cranberry and Flag Rivers. Around the islands, the north side of Long is particularly productive. Other areas worth trying include the shorelines of Basswood, Hermit and Oak Islands.
What’s Open on Madeline Island?
- What’s open on Madeline Island? Click here for current business hours.
- Beach Club.
- Cafe Seiche.
- Farmhouse Madeline.
- Grampa Tony’s.
- Rock House (aka Jody’s Food Truck): Great food within walking distance of the ferry.
- Mission Hill Coffee House & Gifts.
- Q & Z’s Bakery & Cafe.
Where is the Apostle Island?
Apostle Islands National Lakeshore is located on the northern-most point in Wisconsin, near Bayfield, along the south shore of Lake Superior. The Bayfield and Little Sand Bay Visitor Centers, as well as, Meyers Beach are accessible by road. Access to the 21 islands is by boat only.