- 1 When did the Apostle Philip die?
- 2 Is Philip the evangelist the same as Philip the Apostle?
- 3 How did Jesus call Philip?
- 4 What did Philip do after Jesus died?
- 5 How old is the name Philip?
- 6 Who is Nathaniel in Bible?
- 7 What can we learn from Philip the evangelist?
- 8 Who are the descendants of the apostles?
- 9 Who was the youngest apostle of Jesus?
- 10 Who was the fifth disciple?
- 11 Who is Philip in the chosen?
When did the Apostle Philip die?
Here some years afterwards, according to Acts 21:8–9, where he is described as “the evangelist” (a term found again in the New Testament only in Ephesians 4:11; 2 Timothy 4:5), he entertained Paul the Apostle and his companion on their way to Jerusalem; at that time ” he had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy”.
Is Philip the evangelist the same as Philip the Apostle?
Saint Philip the Apostle Philip the Evangelist ( Philip the Deacon), one of the seven deacons of the early church (Acts 6:5).
How did Jesus call Philip?
The next day, Jesus goes to Galilee and finds Philip and tells him to “follow me” and Philip does. These words “follow me” often ring in a Christian’s ear. Jesus calls us to follow Him as well in a simple two-word statement.
What did Philip do after Jesus died?
Following the resurrection of Jesus, Philip was sent with his sister Mariamne and Bartholomew to preach in Greece, Phrygia, and Syria. As a result of Philip’s preaching the crowd released Bartholomew from his cross, but Philip insisted that they not release him, and Philip died on the cross.
How old is the name Philip?
Indeed, Philip has been a long enduring name with illustrious examples of men throughout 2500 years of history.
Who is Nathaniel in Bible?
Nathanael or Nathaniel (Hebrew נתנאל, “God has given”) of Cana in Galilee was a follower or disciple of Jesus, mentioned only in the Gospel of John in Chapters 1 and 21.
What can we learn from Philip the evangelist?
Lessons from the Life of Philip the Evangelist
- The Gospel is for everyone, regardless of race, nation, gender, or background (Acts 8:5).
- The preaching of God’s Word attracts multitudes (Acts 8:6).
- After evangelists lead people to Jesus, they need the help of other ministry gifts to disciple people (Acts 8:14).
Who are the descendants of the apostles?
Descendants of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus
- Peter House of “Semaan” St. John House of “Hanna”
- Andrew House of “Andraos” St. James House of “Yaacoub”
- Matthew House of “Matta” St. Simon House of “Simaan”
- Thomas House of “Touma” St. Jude House of “Lebbos”
- Bartholomew House of “Bartoumian” St.
- * substituted Judas Iscariot.
Who was the youngest apostle of Jesus?
6 AD – c. 100 AD) or Saint John the Beloved was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus according to the New Testament. Generally listed as the youngest apostle, he was the son of Zebedee and Salome. His brother was James, who was another of the Twelve Apostles.
Who was the fifth disciple?
Now we come to Nathanael, the fifth disciple. In other gospels he is called Bartholomew. That is is last name – son of Tolmai or Bartholomew.
Who is Philip in the chosen?
Yoshi Barrigas as Philip: a former disciple of John the Baptizer, an old friend of Nathanael, and one of the twelve disciples of Jesus.