- 1 Did Apostles have wives?
- 2 Which disciple had a wife?
- 3 Did the apostle Peter have a wife?
- 4 Did Jesus have a child?
- 5 What two apostles were brothers?
- 6 Who are the descendants of the apostles?
- 7 How many times did Paul see Jesus?
- 8 Is the name Priscilla in the Bible?
- 9 Is Peter’s wife mentioned in the Bible?
- 10 Is there a lily in the Bible?
- 11 Who is Simon Peter’s brother?
Did Apostles have wives?
All of the apostles had wives. There was no celibacy. Yahshua (Jesus) was most likely married, even if the bible does not speak on it. Yahshua also spoke of rare people and occasions where one was not celibate but a eunuch, which some think supports celibacy.
Which disciple had a wife?
On the question of the marital status of the disciples, we know for certain that one of them, Simon Peter, was married at the time of his call, since Mark records that Jesus healed his mother-in-law of a fever (Mark 1:29-3 1).
Did the apostle Peter have a wife?
He was named Simon, son of Jonah or John. The three Synoptic Gospels recount how Peter’s mother-in-law was healed by Jesus at their home in Capernaum (Matthew 8:14–17, Mark 1:29–31, Luke 4:38); this passage clearly depicts Peter as being married. 1 Corinthians 9:5 has also been taken to imply that he was married.
Did Jesus have a child?
The book that claims Jesus had a wife and kids — and the embattled author behind it. The authors want to talk about Christ. They want you to know that, buried beneath centuries of misinformation and conspiracy, Jesus had a secret wife, named Mary Magdalene, and he fathered two children with her.
What two apostles were brothers?
The New Testament describes James, Joseph (Joses), Judas (Jude), and Simon as brothers of Jesus (Greek: ἀδελφοί, romanized: adelphoi, lit. ‘brothers’).
Who are the descendants of the apostles?
Descendants of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus
- Peter House of “Semaan” St. John House of “Hanna”
- Andrew House of “Andraos” St. James House of “Yaacoub”
- Matthew House of “Matta” St. Simon House of “Simaan”
- Thomas House of “Touma” St. Jude House of “Lebbos”
- Bartholomew House of “Bartoumian” St.
- * substituted Judas Iscariot.
How many times did Paul see Jesus?
The account of Jesus’s post- resurrection appearance to Paul is given in detail three times in the Book of Acts and is repeatedly alluded to by Paul himself in his letters.
Is the name Priscilla in the Bible?
Priscilla is an English female given name adopted from Latin Prisca, derived from priscus. The name first appears in the New Testament of Christianity variously as Priscilla and Prisca, a female leader in early Christianity.
Is Peter’s wife mentioned in the Bible?
The healing of the mother of Peter’s wife is one of the miracles of Jesus in the Gospels, reported in Matthew 8:14–15, Mark 1:29–31, and Luke 4:38–39.
Is there a lily in the Bible?
While the lily is generically mentioned fifteen times throughout the Bible, it is mentioned eight times in the Song of Solomon alone. In fact, in one of these metaphors the bridegroom calls himself “the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys” (Song of Songs 2:1).
Who is Simon Peter’s brother?
Andrew the Apostle was born between 5 and 10 AD in Bethsaida, in Galilee. The New Testament states that Andrew was the brother of Simon Peter, and likewise a son of Jonah.