- 1 What should the apostles do to those who will not welcome them?
- 2 What were the Apostles commanded to do?
- 3 What does the Bible say about wiping your feet?
- 4 How did Jesus respond to rejection?
- 5 What is the message of the apostles?
- 6 How did the Apostles fulfill the Great Commission?
- 7 What does it mean to shake the dust of your feet?
- 8 What does the Bible say about not cast your pearls before swine?
- 9 What does shook out his clothes mean?
- 10 What does rejection do to a person?
- 11 Who rejected Jesus 3 times?
- 12 Is rejection God’s protection?
What should the apostles do to those who will not welcome them?
If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them.” So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere.
What were the Apostles commanded to do?
According to Matthew: Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
What does the Bible say about wiping your feet?
And in whatsoever place ye shall enter, and they receive you not, in my name ye shall leave a cursing instead of a blessing, by casting off the dust of your feet against them as a testimony, and cleansing your feet by the wayside.
How did Jesus respond to rejection?
If we look at his life, we find a blueprint for how God has empowered each of us to respond to rejection. After his hometown Nazareth turns him away, Jesus goes “out among the villages teaching” (Mark 6:6 ESV). When Judas betrays him, Jesus responds by saying, “Friend, do what you came to do ” (Matthew 26:50a).
What is the message of the apostles?
Basic message He preached the death, resurrection, and lordship of Jesus Christ, and he proclaimed that faith in Jesus guarantees a share in his life.
How did the Apostles fulfill the Great Commission?
Jesus gives them some instructions and reassurance, this event has become known as the Great Commission. “ Go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you.”
What does it mean to shake the dust of your feet?
Depart in a hurry, especially from an unpleasant situation; also, leave forever. For example, I couldn’t wait to shake the dust from my feet; I never wanted to see either of them again. This metaphoric term, alluding to moving one’s feet fast enough to shake off dust, appears in several books of the Bible. [
What does the Bible say about not cast your pearls before swine?
Let’s look at this verse in a slightly larger context: “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces” ( Matthew 7:6 ).
What does shook out his clothes mean?
1. phrasal verb. If you shake out a cloth or a piece of clothing, you hold it by one of its edges and move it up and down one or more times, in order to open it out, make it flat, or remove dust. While the water was heating she decided to shake out the carpet. [
What does rejection do to a person?
Social rejection increases anger, anxiety, depression, jealousy and sadness. It reduces performance on difficult intellectual tasks, and can also contribute to aggression and poor impulse control, as DeWall explains in a recent review (Current Directions in Psychological Science, 2011).
Who rejected Jesus 3 times?
Following the arrest of Jesus, Peter denied knowing him three times, but after the third denial, he heard the rooster crow and recalled the prediction as Jesus turned to look at him. Peter then began to cry bitterly. This final incident is known as the Repentance of Peter.
Is rejection God’s protection?
Although rejection may not always be protection, protection will be the final outcome if we trust God. He will always protect us. His Word says “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28).