- 1 How many times is love mentioned in the book of John?
- 2 How many times is love written in the Bible?
- 3 How many times did John say the disciple whom Jesus loved?
- 4 How can I love like Jesus?
- 5 How do you really love Jesus?
- 6 What are the 4 types of biblical love?
- 7 What word is used 365 times in the Bible?
- 8 How many times does the Bible mention the heart?
- 9 What was Jesus’s wife’s name?
- 10 Who disowned Jesus 3 times?
- 11 How was Peter called by Jesus?
- 12 What does John say about love?
- 13 What does the apostle John say about love?
- 14 Who were sons of thunder in the Bible?
How many times is love mentioned in the book of John?
The word “love” appears 57 times in the Gospel of John, more often than in the other three gospels combined. Additionally, it appears 46 times in the First Epistle of John. In the Gospel of John, love for Christ results in the following of his commandments.
How many times is love written in the Bible?
In the King James Version, love is mentioned 310 times, 131 times in the Old Testament and 179 times in the New Testament. In the New American Standard Version, love is mentioned 348 times — 133 times in the Old Testament and 215 times in the New Testament.
How many times did John say the disciple whom Jesus loved?
The disciple whom Jesus loved is referred to, specifically, six times in John’s gospel: It is this disciple who, while reclining beside Jesus at the Last Supper, asks Jesus who it is that will betray him, after being requested by Peter to do so.
How can I love like Jesus?
To love like Jesus, we must:
- Be mindful. We need to connect more deeply with our lives and the people in them, rather than living a detached, disconnected existence.
- Be approachable.
- Be full of grace.
- Be bold.
- Be self-giving.
How do you really love Jesus?
- Have faith.
- Don’t think about what you don’t have.
- Always have hope and love God.
- People might walk away from you but God said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Many people think you cannot be sad in Heaven, but every time someone turns their back on Jesus, God, or the Holy Spirit, Jesus is grieved.
What are the 4 types of biblical love?
The four loves
- Storge – empathy bond.
- Philia – friend bond.
- Eros – romantic love.
- Agape – unconditional “God” love.
What word is used 365 times in the Bible?
“ ‘Fear not,’ is in the Bible 365 times,” she said. My friend’s wise words prompted me to study my Bible. I learned that the Bible commands that we “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
How many times does the Bible mention the heart?
The Heart versus the Brain. In Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, which is a listing of primary words contained in the King Jame’s version of the Bible, the brain is not mentioned once, whereas the heart is cited 826 times.
What was Jesus’s wife’s name?
Mary Magdalene as Jesus’s wife.
Who disowned Jesus 3 times?
Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: “Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly. Mark 14:66–72.
How was Peter called by Jesus?
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” At once they left their nets and followed him.
What does John say about love?
1 John 4:16 God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
What does the apostle John say about love?
“Love is manifested in service to one another.” —John MacArthur, Twelve Ordinary Men. Something in John was about to change. He was beginning to see his lack of love and compassion for people. He would see it when he looked into the mirror of his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Who were sons of thunder in the Bible?
Sons of Thunder (Christianity), the brothers James and John in the Bible (New Testament, disciples of Jesus)