- 1 How was the apostle John related to Jesus?
- 2 How does Jesus mention John?
- 3 How was Jesus called the apostle?
- 4 Which disciple did Jesus love most?
- 5 Did Jesus have any siblings?
- 6 What are the 7 signs of Jesus?
- 7 Who is the son of Jesus?
- 8 What is the summary of the book of John?
- 9 Who disowned Jesus 3 times?
- 10 Why did Jesus call his apostles?
- 11 Did Jesus have a wife?
- 12 What was Jesus’s wife’s name?
- 13 Who was the disciple that Jesus gave his mother to?
John the Apostle was the son of Zebedee and the younger brother of James, son of Zebedee (James the Greater). Also according to some traditions, Salome was the sister of Mary, Jesus’ mother, making Salome Jesus’ aunt, and her sons John the Apostle and James were Jesus’ cousins.
How does Jesus mention John?
John says that Jesus is the incarnated Word of God, bringing “grace and truth,” replacing the law given by Moses, and making God known in the world (1:17). The narrative opens with John the Baptist identifying himself as the fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy; he will prepare the way for the Lord.
How was Jesus called the apostle?
In Luke 6:13 it is stated that Jesus chose 12 from his disciples “whom he named apostles,” and in Mark 6:30 the Twelve are called Apostles when mention is made of their return from the mission of preaching and healing on which Jesus had sent them.
Which disciple did Jesus love most?
In the Gospel of Mary, part of the New Testament apocrypha — specifically the Nag Hammadi library — a certain Mary who is commonly identified as Mary Magdalene is constantly referred to as being loved by Jesus more than the others.
Did Jesus have any siblings?
Jesus’ brothers and sisters The Gospel of Mark (6:3) and the Gospel of Matthew (13:55–56) mention James, Joseph/Joses, Judas/Jude and Simon as brothers of Jesus, the son of Mary.
What are the 7 signs of Jesus?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.
Who is the son of Jesus?
Jacobovici and Pellegrino argue that Aramaic inscriptions reading ” Judah, son of Jesus”, “Jesus, son of Joseph”, and “Mariamne”, a name they associate with Mary Magdalene, together preserve the record of a family group consisting of Jesus, his wife Mary Magdalene and son Judah.
What is the summary of the book of John?
The book of John was the last of the four to be written most probably in Ephesus. John’s gospel is the story of Jesus, the Messiah and the Son of God. John describes how Christ’s incarnation and death on the cross made God known and secured eternal life for all those who believe in him.
Who disowned Jesus 3 times?
Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken: “Before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.” And he went outside and wept bitterly. Mark 14:66–72.
Why did Jesus call his apostles?
The word Apostle means “ messenger, he who is sent.” This tells us that Jesus’s students were disciples. One he believed they were ready to become teachers Jesus chose 12 of his disciples to become apostles.
Did Jesus have a wife?
Jesus Christ was married to Mary Magdalene and had two children, a new book claims.
What was Jesus’s wife’s name?
Mary Magdalene as Jesus’s wife.
Who was the disciple that Jesus gave his mother to?
Because Jesus was the oldest of Mary’s children, He was the one responsible for her care. Jesus was following the scriptural teaching that widows and the elderly should be cared for. Jesus chose John, and the disciple took Mary into his home to care for her as Jesus had commanded.